1. Start off with a whole packer brisket weighing around 12 lbs.
Unwrap and rinse brisket well and pat dry before prepping.
2. Trim any large deposits of fat off the brisket. Also trim much of the fat vein out connecting the point and flat. Remove any fat or sinew from the top of the flat. Flip the brisket over and trim any other large fat deposits off. Leave about 1/4” or less of fat on the bottom of the flat and point.
3. Season the entire brisket, starting on the back side then flip over. Use a mixture ratio of 1:1 of Kosher salt, course black pepper and Chile Slinger BBQ RUB. Season heavily, covering brisket well.
4. Let brisket sit out while you prepare the smoker to 250 deg F.
5. Place brisket into the smoker and maintain 250 deg F. After about 5-6 hrs check the internal temp to be 160 to 170 deg. At this temp, wrap the brisket well in unwaxed butcher paper. Place back in smoker and cook another 3 to 5 hrs. Continue cooking at 250 deg. until internal temp reaches 200 deg. At this temp, place wrapped brisket on a large towel and wrap well. Place towel wrapped brisket in a dry cooler, close and let rest 2 hrs. Remove, unwrap and slice brisket across the grain into 3/8” slices.
Serve with Chile Slinger BBQ SAUCE ...... ENJOY!